A fruit share includes berries, grapes, apricots, peaches, plum, and apples. Fruit shares begin slightly later than vegetables (early July) to ensure variety and availability. Quantities vary throughout the season. Red Jacket Orchards provides most of our fruits, except for the melons and watermelons that come from Norwich Meadows. Red Jacket uses Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices and is certified by Food Alliance as a sustainable producer of plums, apricots, and prunes. It’s as good as it gets!
• Food will be distributed starting in early July and ending in November
• Full shares are 20-22 weeks. Half shares are 10-11 weeks
• Pick ups are once a week in the evening 6-8 pm.
• Location is near the Norwood stop on the J-train (subject to change).
• All members are required to volunteer 4 hours. You may work a distribution shift or contribute in another way (write a blog post, take photos, help with outreach etc).